Call 24/7 for a Quote
The Do’s and Don’ts of Selling an Old Car
You may be wondering what you’re going to do with your used car. Maybe it’s not running as well as it used to run or perhaps it’s beyond repair. Selling your car to a company that proclaims, “we buy junk cars” can be one of your best options. Here are some vehicle selling tips on how to best handle this transaction.
- You should have the title for your car. Your car cannot legally be sold to someone, even a junkyard, without one.
- You should remove all of your property from the car before going to sell it. You don’t want your items to end up missing.
- You should also know about the history of your car as they may ask you questions on how it was maintained, the mileage, and if it had any damage from accidents or flooding.
- Find a reputable company to sell your car to that has been around in your community.
- Finally, do your homework on the value of your car to as this will help you have a realistic idea of how much you can expect to get.
- Don’t try to sell your car parts on your own. You may think you’re going to make more this way, but if you don’t know what you’re doing, you may cause more damage to the vehicle making other parts worthless. This action can reduce the amount you can get for the car.
- Don’t try hauling your vehicle on your own. There’s a chance that you could further damage the car and your potential resale value.
- Don’t let someone just haul your car away in exchange for the vehicle. A reputable company will be willing to tow your vehicle for free and pay you for it based on a variety of factors.
U Pull & Save is your source for excellent used car parts in Florida. In order to have such an excellent selection of used parts, we buy cars. Sell us your used or junk vehicles, and move on to a better car. Take the hassle out of selling your used car by calling us first to learn about our process. We look forward to taking your unwanted vehicle off of your hands.