Call 24/7 for a Quote
Things to Know before Going to a Self-Service Junkyard
A self-service junkyard in Fort Myers, FL, such as ours is a great place to find the parts you need for your automotive project. Are you replacing the transmission on a classic car? Great! You can get the parts you need at a junkyard. Are you looking to replace your tires on a budget? Perfect! You can find what you need at a junkyard. However, there are a few things we think you should know before you pop in and expect to nab exactly what you are looking for. Here is what you ought to know before your first visit:
- When we say self-service, we mean it. You have to get the parts you need yourself. Nobody will likely be able or available to help you. Extenuating circumstances excluded, you will probably need to take the individual parts you need to the register and pay for everything you take with you.
- You need to take a set of tools with you when you visit. You will need wrenches, screwdrivers, and ratchets in sets of different sizes.
- You will need to be sure that the auto junkyard carries the kinds of cars that have the parts you need. If you have a particularly exotic car, a luxury vehicle, or another rare vehicle, then you will need to call in advance before you stop by.
- Remember that everything is first-come, first-served. Try to arrive early in the day and expect to spend a good amount of time shopping around.
- Of course, once you stake your claim on a certain car part, people will be courteous and move on. You should do the same. Do not try to take parts someone else has been deconstructing or removing.
- While many auto junkyards carry full vehicles, do not expect to find a pre-owned vehicle that is ready to ride. Any complete vehicles you find are in a junkyard for a reason. Their parts may be intact, but work will be needed to get them running smoothly.
- Most importantly, have fun! You get to explore different kinds of vehicles, compete for parts, and work independently to grab anything you want, all for low prices that no traditional auto store or dealership can compete with.
We know that if you keep the above things in mind you can absolutely have a fun and successful trip to a junkyard in Fort Myers, FL. You will be surprised how useful and affordable your finds will be; other than that, be prepared so that there are not too many surprises.