Has your car been totaled in an accident? Does your junk car no longer pass inspections? Are the repairs on your junk car more expensive than the car is worth? If you are looking for a way to unload your junk car but know you will not get a lot of money selling it to a new owner, a good option is to sell your car to a junkyard. You can actually get a decent amount of money selling your car to a junkyard: more than you will get anywhere else. You will receive a fair blue book price, which is really all anyone could ask for. So, what do you need to do to get some cash for your old car? Give us a call and we’ll be happy to give you the details, but the basics are outlined for you below.
Everything You’ll Need to Sell Your Car
If you have never visited a junkyard before, you probably have a lot of questions about what to expect when selling your car to a junkyard like ours. Just like all other junkyards and used car auto parts dealers, we are ready and willing to take your junk car off your hands. Here is everything you will need to get cash for your car:
- Vehicle title: We cannot purchase a vehicle from you unless you bring the title in. Vehicle titles are one way that we avoid working with criminals, so hunt down that title before you come in so you can get your cash or check.
- Vehicle keys: We will want the keys to your vehicle if you have them. We also accept cars that are no longer running.
- Your quote: Many junkyards offer online or over-the-phone quotes that lock down a price for your vehicle. In order to get your money faster, make sure you bring in a copy of this quote along with your vehicle.
- What if my car no longer runs? Junkyards will typically sell your vehicle for parts, which means the car will be gutted. It does not need to run to be worth something to us.
- Do I need insurance information? As the car will most likely be sold for parts and we will not need to test-drive it, junkyards do not need insurance information on your vehicle.
- How do I know I’m getting a good deal? Educate yourself about fair pricing regarding the make, model, and year of your vehicle. Look at the blue book costs, and base your judgment off of that.
- Do I need to arrange for towing? Most junkyards offer towing services. We offer free towing; other businesses may charge.
Simplify your car-selling experience by contacting U Pull N Save today. Not only is the process easy, selling your car to us can drastically cut the amount of time it would take to sell to an individual. You won’t even have to advertise that the car is for sale. Just give us a call or stop by to get started.