It’s a new year and, if you’re like most folks, you have a few personal goals or resolutions in mind for 2022. Chances are high that one of your goals revolves around decluttering your life, cleaning things up, and getting rid of junk. Whether the ultimate aim of your goal is to have more space, be a more responsible consumer, or simply feel better about life, the path is clear: you’re going to need to say goodbye to some stuff.
A great place to start on your goal is your old car. This is the year to resolve to get rid of your old clunker and U Pull & Save is here to help. We buy cars in Fort Myers, FL. In fact, we buy any car in any condition and then we recycle it. So, by selling your junk car to us, you can actually cross off two goals: get rid of junk and do something good for the environment.
Wait—scrapping a car is good for the environment? Certainly, those giant car yards can’t be good for the planet, can they? The fact is that they can be, and actually are, an eco-friendly option. Scrap yards are subject to a multitude of environmental regulations governing the disposal of cars. When you sell to U Pull & Save, you’ll get a handful of cash for your pocket and we get a car that can be stripped, recycled, and repurposed.
Still not convinced? Let’s take a look at the numbers.
98% of a car can be recycled.
- Metals like steel and aluminum can be smelted, melted, and reused
- Rubber can be shredded and recycled
- Glass and plastics are recyclable
- Liquids can be recycled or neutralized
- Batteries are recycled
- Intact, usable parts can be sold and used for auto repairs
Recycling one car saves and protects resources.
- 2,500 pounds of iron ore are saved.
- 1,400 pounds of coal goes unused
- 120 pounds of limestone is saved
- 40% less water is used
- Recycling reduces air pollution, water pollution, and manufacturing waste
Scrap yards benefit the economy.
- Consumers are able to sell junk cars easily for cash
- Scrap yards pump about $65B into the economy of the United States every year
- Auto recycling provides jobs and stabilizes metal prices
Every day, you come into contact with materials that came from recycled cars. In fact, your new car is made largely from metal recycled from older cars. Here are just a few additional examples of the many ways auto recycling touches our lives:
- Tires are recycled into rubberized asphalt, new tires, playground mats, equestrian mats, and more.
- In 45 seconds, one car can be crushed into fist-sized pieces of metal that are reused largely for industrial manufacturing.
- Batteries are broken down. The sulfuric acid is neutralized and disposed of safely, and the rest of the battery is melted down for recycling.
- Liquids can often be cleaned and reused. When that’s not possible, scrap yards neutralize the fluids and dispose of them safely so they don’t contaminate groundwater.
The Bottom Line
Auto recycling is critical, and salvage yards are an important part of that process. If your goal this year is to get rid of junk and be more earth-friendly, then no choice will get you closer to those goals than scrapping your old car. Call U Pull & Save in Fort Myers, FL, and sell your car for scrap today.
U Pull N Save pays cash for old cars in Fort Myers, FL. If you’re working from home, we want you to know that today is a great day to sell your old car. The new year is underway, COVID isn’t going anywhere anytime soon, and you deserve a fresh start. Your living room commute simply doesn’t require a car. If you need more than that to persuade you to sell now, here are ten reasons today is the day to call U Pull N Save:
- Status. Your old car got you back and forth to work, but it probably doesn’t reflect your current status or overall style. You’re a working professional; it’s time to drive a car that matches your position.
- Looks. The way your car looks is important. Your old car might have been a perfect commuting car, but since that’s not what you need it for anymore, it’s time to ditch the banged-up vehicle and get a car that looks good.
- Use. Maybe you simply don’t need a car that much anymore. Rideshare services and public transportation may be sufficient to meet your needs right now while you’re working from home. You can sell your old car and use this time to save for a new car in the future.
- Traffic. Florida traffic is no laughing matter. Taking the bus or an Uber is much less stressful, so sell your car and then sit back and enjoy the ride.
- Health. Ditching your old car will give you more opportunities to walk or ride your bike when you need to get around town.
- Money. Take a moment to add it up; you’re probably forking out more money than you think keeping that old clunker up and running. Repairs and maintenance on an old car can add up quickly.
- Weather. Florida weather is amazing until it isn’t. Stop worrying about how the rain and wind will affect your car and your drive and sell instead.
- Gas. Gas isn’t getting any cheaper. Well, sometimes it does get cheaper, but the price always seems to rise back up. Why worry every time you need to fill up your tank? Sell your clunker and skip the gas pump altogether. And remember, newer cars are much more fuel-efficient, so if you still need to drive, upgrading your vehicle will save gas money.
- Parking. Unless you’ve got a dedicated garage space, parking is an issue. Are you paying to park your piece of junk? Stop that nonsense and sell. You’ll feel much better about paying for parking if you like the car.
- Insurance. Are you insuring a car you hardly ever drive? That’s a pretty compelling reason to sell.
You can sell your old car today with one phone call to U Pull N Save. We make buying a car for cash in Fort Myers, FL, easy. Pick up the phone and give us some basic information about your vehicle. We’ll give you a quote in less than 10 minutes and schedule a pickup time at your convenience. We’ll even cover towing fees. You can handle the entire transaction from your sofa or home office.
If you want to know more about how we work and what your car is worth, give us a call. We’re here 24/7 and we buy any car in any condition. Call now.