Every car has value; no vehicle is completely worthless. That said, some car parts are worth more than others. If you’ve got a car that’s a good candidate for the junkyard and you’re asking, “where can I get cash for my car in Fort Myers, FL?” it’s worth reading on to find out where the money makers are in your vehicle.
Under the Hood
There are a number of components under the hood that can be sold for reuse or recycling, including the following:
- Engine and transmission. If the engine and transmission run, they can have another life in another car. Plenty of private individuals and businesses will purchase engines and transmissions for rebuilds. If the vehicle doesn’t run, there’s still value there. Engines and transmissions contain quite a bit of aluminum, an infinitely recyclable metal. Scrap metal buyers will pay market rates for your used parts.
- A/C. A functioning A/C system can be resold. Separating the parts will often yield the most money. A working compressor is versatile and can repair many other A/C systems, as can a functional condenser.
- Alternator and starter. In addition to being useful for rebuilds, these pieces are also valuable because of the copper wiring contained in their cases.
- Radiator. The radiator is another significant source of recyclable aluminum.
Under the Car
Your car has valuable parts that you can access by climbing underneath the vehicle.
- Catalytic converter. The catalytic converter contains precious metals such as palladium, rhodium, and platinum that are extremely valuable. In fact, this might be the most valuable single component of your car.
- Wheels and tires. The wheels and tires are probably the easiest parts to remove from your vehicle and the easiest for most folks to assess. There’s a lot of demand for used tires with life left in them, so it’s fairly easy to find a buyer. You can sell the wheels and tires as a set or separately. You can also sell worn wheels and tires for recycling.
Inside Your Car
Lots of things inside the car can be recycled or reused, but the most valuable pieces include the following:
- GPS/Nav system. Even though many folks opt to use smartphones for navigation these days, built-in GPS/Nav systems are still pretty valuable to folks looking for replacement systems. You’ll find ready buyers for a working system.
- Audio system. The same goes for your audio equipment, especially if it’s an aftermarket model that can be used in a wide variety of vehicles.
- Airbags. Airbags that have been deployed cannot be reused, but fully intact airbags are worth quite a bit of money. Body shops are especially interested in buying your functional airbags.
- Other parts. Other parts such as seats, door panels, and the center console can be sold individually, especially if your car is considered rare or a collectible.
Outside the Car
Body shops and hobbyists are always on the lookout for replacement body parts that are intact, including the following:
- Body panels
- And more!
If this sounds like just your kind of project – great! Selling your car piece by piece does require you to have a desire and a knack for working on cars. You’re also going to need some time, some tools, and quite a bit of patience to search out buyers for all the individual pieces.
If not, you have another option. You can sell your junk car intact to a salvage yard. Who will buy junk cars in Fort Myers, FL? U Pull & Save buys junk cars in Fort Myers, FL. We buy any car in any condition, and we pay top dollar. Selling your car to us is easy. Simply call our number 24/7. We’ll collect basic info from you about your car and then quote a price over the phone in about 10 minutes. If you like the price – and we’re sure you will – we’ll schedule a time to come pick up the car. You’ll walk away with cash in your hand, and you won’t have to deal with that junky car any longer. So don’t wait. Call today.